This week, the conference team are excited to announce Prof. Dr. Dewi Fortuna Anwar as our first confirmed speaker for CAUSINDY 2014. Professor Anwar was a key supporter of CAUSINDY in its first year, and we’re thrilled to be working with her in September this year.
Apply to become a delegate today, and you could be asking her questions this time in September!
New this week
- Dewi Fortuna Anwar is the first confirmed speaker for CAUSINDY 2014. She was interviewed on BBC World News’ HARDtalk program in September last year.
- CAUSINDY 2013 delegate Natalie Sambhi wrote about the Indonesian election’s impact on foreign and defence policy.
- Writing for The Conversation, Professor Tim Lindsey warns that the bilateral relationship is “stuck” — and it’s Australia’s responsibility to fix it.
- The Australian government delivered its budget this week. Analysis from Corrs Chambers Westgarth suggests it “delivers on austerity, but not genuine tax reform”.
- This week’s featured video is a wide-ranging delegate Q&A from last year’s conference moderated by Bonny Symons-Brown, with John Denton, Kirsten Sayers and Mark Pruden.
Apply for CAUSINDY 2014
With applications now open, it’s time to update your resume andprepare your application for this year’s conference. Check out ourfrequently asked questions for more on the application process, selection criteria, and deadlines.